Today I got my TEFL certification in the mail. Well, I have technically received it, but it is trapped down at the snowed in post office. Today we got pounded by about a foot of snow and it is still coming down. Sure, it looks nice, but the roads are nearly impassable with any type of vehicle. This is what wishing for a white Christmas will get you! Since I had my Korvia interview with Ciena Bahk I have been preparing my documents. I am so antsy about the whole process and can’t wait to submit everything. With the holiday and everything I am still waiting to get the notification the draft of my application/lesson plan/personal essay is good to go. I emailed them over a week ago and still nothing. However, of course I am going to be on the back burner since there are many candidates lining up for the Spring application date which takes place in March. I am going for the April deadline for the August intake for SMOE/EPIK. I am trying my best to keep myself busy and get my documents in order.
So far I have/have done the following:
- Application Form
- Personal Essay
- Lesson Plan
- College Transcripts
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (2 more are in the mail on their way to me)
- Passport has been applied for.
- TEFL certificate has been received.
- Initial interview with recruiter is completed.
- Introduction Video
Things I need to do:
- Get a photocopy of my college diploma and have it notarized and get the apostille stamp.
- Apply for an FBI background check at the end of January(only good for 6 months and takes 8 weeks to receive it.)
- Get my FBI background check an apostille stamp.
- Get about a million copies of passport photos lol you need them for everything.
- Photocopy of TEFL certificate.
- Eventually apply for my visa.
This is all going to take time. I am just very excited and want to get everything done right. I have been watching so many videos on living in South Korea and it is going to be great. My family got me luggage and books on the Korean Language. All in all it is going to be a great year and I am looking forward to many new and exciting experiences in South Korea!